Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bellmanstafetten

We've had the first round of visitors (Chris's parents) here, and the second round (my parents) due to land in a few days. Suffices to say, we've been a bit busy and haven't blogged in a while (though we have kept the photo albums up to date). That said, I'm actually not going to attempt to report on all that fun and excitement, but instead fast forward to this last Saturday for the Bellmanstafetten 5 x 5 relay race (5 people each running 5 km (~ 3 miles)). Two of the graduate students here in the Math Department at KTH, Katharina and Kathrin, put together a KTH/SU Women's team. We look quite stunning in our matching blue uniforms
We were treated with beautiful weather (a pleasant surprise) and a fun picnic basket to enjoy after the race. Chris and Myrna were a grand cheer squad - and Myrna has declared the word "Mama" to mean any woman in running garb.
You can watch a video of each our finishes here; I'm runner 1. I guess all this training gave me a little extra spring in my step, as I finished in 23:21. I can guarantee that I won't be running that 7.5 minute mile for the Stockholm Half-Marathon.