Saturday, December 8, 2007

Weihnachtsmarkt Zwei

As promised, a second installment of Kölner Weihnachtsmarkt - this time the one in Heumarkt. Here we find me in front of some previously mentioned chocolate heart cookies Gruß vom Kölner Weihnachtsmarkt (Greetings from Cologne's Christmas market). This was my first time attending the Heumarkt market (though Chris had visited it last week).


Heumarkt's Weihnachtmarkt has a few specialities, like an ice skating rink and Opa's Kneipe (Oma and Opa are German for Grandma and Grandpa, but it is also what my sisters and I have always called our dad's parents, so I think of them every time we see cards or gifts for Oma and Opa).
Also for sale is chocolate.... including chocolate bottles of kölsch!?!
Similar to the others were the mobs of people (especially since it was Saturday). But we did get to enjoy some delicious Belgian waffles and some warm Glühwein.

No comments: